*** Welcome to the Andrew Warde High School tribute website ... There are 46 issues of the Crimson Crier school newspaper from 1967 through 1976 available for download on this website ... Please visit the companion blog in the "Library" in the left-hand margin to access and download the Crimson Crier newspapers ... Please credit this website for any content, photos, or videos you share with others ... Paul Piorek is editor and publisher of the Andrew Warde High School tribute website and a proud member of the AWHS Class of 1976 ... Contact Paul at paulpiorek@gmail.com ...

Sunday, May 21, 2006

The Little Things

One of my favorite Sunday morning rituals is to relax and enjoy the newspaper. Having a full-time career, raising a son on my own, and volunteering for just about every civic event in Fairfield leaves me with very little time for leisure. Yesterday, I spent nearly six hours as the emcee for Fairfield's annual Earth Day celebration at McKinley School. Reading the newspaper, though, is one of my Sunday morning pursuits.

After I poured my cup of coffee and sat down, I noticed a section for class reunion announcements. There were announcements about upcoming reunions for Warren Harding High School in Bridgeport, Milford High School, and Bunnell and Stratford high schools. There was an email contact to whom to write.

Instantly, I bolted for the computer and sent our information, along with the reunion Web site address, to the woman who publishes the reunion feature. Sometimes, even the most obvious chores tend to be overlooked. This was such a prominent way to spread the word, yet we hadn't even thought about it.

So, the next time you pick up a Sunday copy of The Connecticut Post, take a look at the reunion section. All the information about our August 19 event at Testo's Restaurant in Bridgeport will be included.

Oh, and by the way, as soon as I returned to my newspaper, my son informed me it was time to take him to his Little League game. The morning newspaper will have to wait until later this evening, I guess.

Paul

No comments: