*** Welcome to the Andrew Warde High School tribute website ... There are 46 issues of the Crimson Crier school newspaper from 1967 through 1976 available for download on this website ... Please visit the companion blog in the "Library" in the left-hand margin to access and download the Crimson Crier newspapers ... Please credit this website for any content, photos, or videos you share with others ... Paul Piorek is editor and publisher of the Andrew Warde High School tribute website and a proud member of the AWHS Class of 1976 ... Contact Paul at paulpiorek@gmail.com ...

Saturday, June 18, 2016

'Surreal Experience' Returning to Warde 40 Years Later for Son's Graduation

It was a "surreal experience" returning to Warde High School to attend my middle son's graduation from the Melville Avenue secondary school exactly 40 years after my graduation from the same school.

It's hard to believe 40 years have passed since the Class of 1976 at Andrew Warde High School held commencement exercises in the same courtyard. I couldn't help but think back over the course of the past 40 years of my life while, at the same time, thinking ahead to what the next 40 years will bring for my son.



Warde High School looks absolutely beautiful. The courtyard was resplendently decorated in red-and-white, the colors of the Fairfield Warde High School Mustangs.

This blog began 10 years ago prior to the 30-year reunion of the Andrew Warde High School Class of 1976. Has ten years passed that quickly? Our 40-year reunion is just one month away. Before I know it, God willing, I'll be attending the 50-year reunion of our class while my son attends his 10-year reunion.


I hope you've enjoyed this blog. It has been a labor of love about the best high school in Fairfield.

Paul

No comments: