*** Welcome to the Andrew Warde High School tribute website ... There are 46 issues of the Crimson Crier school newspaper from 1967 through 1976 available for download on this website ... Please visit the companion blog in the "Library" in the left-hand margin to access and download the Crimson Crier newspapers ... Please credit this website for any content, photos, or videos you share with others ... Paul Piorek is editor and publisher of the Andrew Warde High School tribute website and a proud member of the AWHS Class of 1976 ... Contact Paul at paulpiorek@gmail.com ...

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Tributes Pour In for Walia Triolo, Former Choir Director at Andrew Warde High School

Walia Triolo, age 68 of Easton, beloved wife of Victor Triolo and former choir director at Andrew Warde High School, died Thursday, August 19, 2010, at Bridgeport Hospital.

A memorial service will take place at a date and time to be announced. Entombment will be private in the Oaklawn Cemetery Mausoleum, Fairfield. The Larson Funeral Home, 2496 North Ave., Bridgeport is in care of arrangements. Former students recalled a dedicated and inspirational teacher.

"I graduated from Andrew Warde High School in 1976. Ms. Triolo was a wonderful choir teacher who taught us the joy of working hard for the reward of music," wrote Daniel Paul Heskins of Fair Lawn, New Jersey.

"I think of her every time I hear the Hallelujah Chorus and any of a number of other, wonderful pieces that she taught us," Heskins continued. "She helped me take the voice that God gave me and make it an instrument of love and music. God bless her and my sincere condolences to the family."

"I took Mrs. Triolo's choir class all four years of high school at Andrew Warde," added Robyn Smith of Trumbull. "And I enjoyed them because of her. She always had such passion for music and theater. She was truly a unique woman. Keep your memories of her close. I know I will. My sincerest condolences to your family."

"I graduated Warde in 1977," wrote Mark SaNogueira, Sr. "It's amazing to see here all the lives she touched. And I thought it was just me. We did the Messiah front to back until I heard it in my sleep. I still hear it today. You will be missed 'Wally.' God bless!"

"Walia Triolo was very special to me," wrote Liz Cerreta-Gaughan of Seymour. "There were so many fond memories of our choir group that will stay with me forever, but one in particular comes to mind," she recalled.

"We were performing Handel's Messiah at a home for the elderly at Christmas time. When we finished, one of the nurses came up to her and I, and said, 'I can't believe it! You are truly magical! Mildred over there has not spoken in ten years, and when we did the Halleluiah Chorus, she sang along!!!!'

"This is the magic of Walia Triolo. I am deeply saddened and will always remember this wonderful lady," continued Cerreta-Gaughan. "Rest in peace, Mrs. T."

Paul

No comments: