*** Welcome to the Andrew Warde High School tribute website ... There are 46 issues of the Crimson Crier school newspaper from 1967 through 1976 available for download on this website ... Please visit the companion blog in the "Library" in the left-hand margin to access and download the Crimson Crier newspapers ... Please credit this website for any content, photos, or videos you share with others ... Paul Piorek is editor and publisher of the Andrew Warde High School tribute website and a proud member of the AWHS Class of 1976 ... Contact Paul at paulpiorek@gmail.com ...

Monday, October 24, 2011

Andrew Warde High School's Class of 1961 Enjoyed Successful 50-Year Reunion

The following was written by Don Messer of the Andrew Warde High School Class of 1961. He was instrumental in organizing the 50-year reunion October 15 at the Scandanavian Club in Fairfield.

The school tour and reunion were a resounding success from all the compliments that were shared. I know watching the faces of people reuniting was something to behold. As the evening progressed, older faces faded away and became younger faces. This to me was amazing. It seems there were many pictures taken, and now that I have time, I plan to post them to the class Web site.

I know many people who couldn't attend are anxious to see them. I will let you know how to send them shortly via e-mail. I still can't get over the effort that all of you made to come from near and far to attend. I salute you all! And by the way, my legs are starting to move again after all that dancing. (Click the image below to see a full-screen photo).


I 'm sure you all would like to know that there was quite a bit of leftover food, and Fred Figlar and I --- on behalf of our class --- donated it to "Project Hope," the homeless shelter in Fairfield. There must have been enough food for 40 meals.

Thanks for the e-mails of thanks, and I'm sure the Web site will start to get tidbits of good things flowing in.

THANKS EVERYBODY !!!!!

No comments: