*** Welcome to the Andrew Warde High School tribute website ... There are 46 issues of the Crimson Crier school newspaper from 1967 through 1976 available for download on this website ... Please visit the companion blog in the "Library" in the left-hand margin to access and download the Crimson Crier newspapers ... Please credit this website for any content, photos, or videos you share with others ... Paul Piorek is editor and publisher of the Andrew Warde High School tribute website and a proud member of the AWHS Class of 1976 ... Contact Paul at paulpiorek@gmail.com ...

Monday, September 10, 2007

Grammar School Follow-Up

Classmate Joe O'Brien wrote a follow-up to the article on our grammar school days. He has been an electrical engineer for 25 years in the Chicago area. He and his wife, Lisa, live in Lombard, Illinois, with their three children, Steve (8), Kate (6), and Patrick(2).

Hi, Paul.

I have enjoyed your AWHS blog for the last year. About once a month I log in to read it. I especially enjoyed the article with (Ed) Lominsky since I had him as a JV basketball coach and for Algebra.

A comment on your grammar school survey: I attended several Fairfield grammar schools, including Lincoln (K), Assumption (1-4), Stratfield (5,6), and St Emery's (7) prior to AWHS (9-12).

Although I consider myself a Stratfield alum, a few of our AWHS classmates went to St. Emery's School at 838 Kings Highway in Fairfield (John Danko, John Churchill, Mark Hughes, Gabriela Foyto are some of the folks that come to mind). When I was back for the reunion last year I stopped by the school and it has apparently been renamed as part a merger and is now "St. Augustine School at St. Emery's Parish." The school is up the hill behind the church and I always thought it was pretty cool that they had a large gym which Assumption did not have.

Joe O'Brien

Please sign the AWHS Class of 1976 Guest Book.

Visit the AWHS Class of 1976 Gift Shop.

No comments: