*** Welcome to the Andrew Warde High School tribute website ... There are 46 issues of the Crimson Crier school newspaper from 1967 through 1976 available for download on this website ... Please visit the companion blog in the "Library" in the left-hand margin to access and download the Crimson Crier newspapers ... Please credit this website for any content, photos, or videos you share with others ... Paul Piorek is editor and publisher of the Andrew Warde High School tribute website and a proud member of the AWHS Class of 1976 ... Contact Paul at paulpiorek@gmail.com ...

Monday, August 21, 2006

Family Reunion a Nice Touch

The Family Reunion Social at Lake Hills Beach 4 was a splendid way to cap the reunion weekend. Roughly 20 members of the 1976 graduating class of Andrew Warde High School and some of their immediate family attended the event.



The weather was certainly warm and humid, but that didn't matter. Attendees enjoyed a swim in the lake, a small picnic lunch on the beach, baseball on the field, or pleasant conversation.

Debbie Russo Goff attended with her son. "Going to beach 4 yesterday was absolutely great! I have not been there in 20 plus years and have to say that lake is truly the 'hidden gem' of Fairfield. My son had the best time. I had to literally drag him out of the water yesterday. So a special thanks to Joanne and Paul for making that happen."

Thank you, Bob Henry, for spending time with my son, Billy, and helping him improve his baseball swing. He had a couple of nice hits, thanks to you. You are a fine gentleman, and I was glad to play some baseball with you and your son.



Sue Hart, it was great seeing you at the beach. You remind me so much of your Mom. I admire you and your family. I sincerely enjoyed chatting with you and reminiscing about the gold old days. And, Tim Kelly, we did only make $1.85 an hour when we got our first jobs during high school. We shared the stories of your days working at Kentucky Fried Chicken and my days at Jimmie's of Savin Rock on Black Rock Turnpike.



Stephen Grabowski, thanks for spending the time with me at the reunion Saturday and the social Sunday. We spent more time reminiscing about our elementary school days than our high school days. I'm very impressed with your family and the accomplishments of your three children. You should be very proud of them. It was a pleasure meeting your wife Sunday afternoon. We will be in touch very soon, I'm sure. We need to start working on next year's elementary school reunion!

As my son and I were getting in the car and shaking hands with Bob, it suddenly hit me that it was over. The meetings, the emails, the reunion, and the family social. Yes, even the Summer was drawing to a close. School starts next week. I go back to work next Monday. And we'll continue to cherish great memories of an outstanding reunion.

Debbie added, "It went by so fast. Paul, you are right. It was like 10 minutes and it was over. All that work and time. It was all worth it. So many people thanked the committee for taking this task on. So, in case no one said it directly to everyone on this list, "Thank you for having this reunion and doing all the work." It was well worth the party in the end. I'm still trying to catch up on the lost sleep though. Let's not make it another 10 years. Who's to say where and what will we will all be doing by then. So, farewell to all for now."

I ran into Ed Bengermino on Black Rock Turnpike earlier this morning. He shook my hand and thanked everyone again. "I had a great time," he said. "Thanks for inviting me."

Thanks for being a part of the reunion, Mr. Bengermino.

Enjoy the final days of Summer.

Paul

No comments: