*** Welcome to the Andrew Warde High School tribute website ... There are 46 issues of the Crimson Crier school newspaper from 1967 through 1976 available for download on this website ... Please visit the companion blog in the "Library" in the left-hand margin to access and download the Crimson Crier newspapers ... Please credit this website for any content, photos, or videos you share with others ... Paul Piorek is editor and publisher of the Andrew Warde High School tribute website and a proud member of the AWHS Class of 1976 ... Contact Paul at paulpiorek@gmail.com ...

Monday, March 26, 2007

Junior Jukebox Memories

Let's take a look back at the last week of March, 1975, and remember the Top Ten songs in the nation during our junior year at Andrew Warde High School. The songs are listed in order of popularity, courtesy of Musicradio 77 WABC's Web site:

1. Have You Never Been Mellow by Olivia Newton John
2. Lovin' You by Minnie Ripperton
3. My Eyes Adored You by Frankie Valli
4. Lady Marmalade by LaBelle
5. Black Water by The Doobie Brothers
6. Once You Get Started by Rufus (featuring Chaka Khan)
7. Shame, Shame, Shame by Shirley and Company
8. What Am I Gonna Do With You? by Barry White
9. No No Song by Ringo Starr
10. Lady by Styxx

Which one of those was your favorite song? I'd vote for Frankie Valli's My Eyes Adored You. Let me know what you think in the "comments" link below.

Paul

Class of 1976 alum Mark Waxman writes, "As far as Olivia Newton John goes, yes, beautiful. I actually saw her at Sikorsky Airport in 1978 I believe. I was working at Sikorsky Airport while going to school at UB. I worked for Bridgeport flight service back then, part time.

"I drove a fuel truck, moved airplanes around. I drove the fuel truck over to the terminal to fill up a few learjets, one of which was unmistakably hers. It had Olivia Newton John in script, in a red lipstick color on the side of the plane. After refueling, she walked out to the plane (I also got to actually meet Bob Hope and Paul Newman at Sikorsky when I worked there)."

No comments: